Hi !

Welcome to my photo blog about succulents, and some cacti thrown in for good measure.

Along with photos, I will provide scientific/common names and information on their culture. Please, do not consider the information I provide as an authoritative source. It is from what I know about these plants, and I am NOT an expert! The cultural information is based on my experience in growing succulents and cacti in a tropical environment (Hawai'i) which is by no means an ideal climate for these plants.

Also, for you photography buffs (like me), I will provide pertinent camera data for the photos. All photos in this blog are SOOC (straight out of camera) and not post processed, except for downsizing and/or cropping.

Thanks for visiting!

(Above photo: Echeveria agavoides hybrid, Nikon D800, Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di, Tiffen Soft/FX 3 filter, "light painted" with an LED flashlight.)

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Echeveria 'Afterglow'


'Afterglow' Nikon D800, Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di
Very beautiful color on this one. The combination of powdery lavender, blue-gray, and a dark pink edging on the leaf is very dramatic, particularly in the early morning or evening sun. I've had two specimens for less than a year, and the healthier one is currently about 30.5cm (12 inches) in diameter. 'Afterglow' has not flowered for me yet.





Dark pink edging on the leaves. Nikon D800, Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di




No comments:

Post a Comment