Hi !

Welcome to my photo blog about succulents, and some cacti thrown in for good measure.

Along with photos, I will provide scientific/common names and information on their culture. Please, do not consider the information I provide as an authoritative source. It is from what I know about these plants, and I am NOT an expert! The cultural information is based on my experience in growing succulents and cacti in a tropical environment (Hawai'i) which is by no means an ideal climate for these plants.

Also, for you photography buffs (like me), I will provide pertinent camera data for the photos. All photos in this blog are SOOC (straight out of camera) and not post processed, except for downsizing and/or cropping.

Thanks for visiting!

(Above photo: Echeveria agavoides hybrid, Nikon D800, Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di, Tiffen Soft/FX 3 filter, "light painted" with an LED flashlight.)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Echeveria pulidonis?




Echeveria pulidonis? Nikon D800, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D.
A beautiful blue-green echeveria that forms a compact rosette. I had purchased this as the species pulidonis, but from the photos I've seen on the internet, this could be a hybrid. A very slow grower, I've had one in a pot for several years. Currently, it is about 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter. Occasionally, it will send out a beautiful flower stalk of yellow-orange flowers.I understand that the flowers of pulidonis are yellow. Maybe I have a cross after all.


E. pulidonis forms a tight, compact rosette. Nikon D800, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D


Note the hint of orange of the flowers, possibly indicating that this plant may be a hybrid. Nikon D7000, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D.













Older specimen on the left. Both were acquired as the species pulidonis, but may actually be a cross. Nikon D800, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D.

No comments:

Post a Comment